The challenge today is to transform our food systems as what we eat, what we grow and how we produce it impacts on the health of people and the planet:
- A focus on increasing food production without due regard for the environment is causing severe land and water degradation
- A focus on addressing hunger without regard for nutritious diets is contributing to diseases
- A focus on increasing yields is contributing to loss of food diversity
To upscale our local activities, Biodiversity Preservation applies the innovative tools of Slow Food International with both technical and marketing support focusing on protection, education and promotion with 2 key objectives:
- Raising awareness on the value of biodiversity with activities promoting nature-based solutions
- Supporting small-scale producers : farmers, breeders, fishermen, food processors and crafters as the guardians of biodiversity and with their knowledge and daily work to protect our local biodiversity
OUR PROGRAMS !